Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Baby Poem.

You set me free,
for reasons seeming blur to me.
You left my hand,
just when I wanted you by my side to stand.


You left saying you will never turn back,
I then cried every time before hitting the sack.
I resented and pleaded, begged and cried,
But now after buckets of tears,
my tired eyes have dried.


You seem distant, you seem far,
And I know, things will never be at par.
Our destinations vary, our roads will change,
But the optimist in me hopes our paths cross someday.


It is funny, how your phone works,
when I am not around,
You have friends but over and above me,
only loneliness surrounds.


It is funny how I still do things you used to like,
Wondering if you'd ever notice them,
while wandering on your,
two year old baby bike.


It is funny, how you are still on my wallpaper,
and my mum catches,
me starring at my phone,
during supper.


It is funny, how you are not here,
when i need a kiss,
Our "okay" & "lovely" talks,
I absolutely miss.


It is funny, how you used to make me sing,
I ponder upon, 
If I'll ever be able to,
get over this incomplete feeling.


It is funny how you used to click my pictures,
and make me dance,
I wait for the day,
when love gives us a second chance.


I will surely miss,
being your class-cum-office-cum-soul mate,
Trying to laugh it off,
Thinking it was a game of fate.








Note: The above poem is a work of fiction and any resemblance to any layla/majnu/romeo/juliet/heer/ranjha/veer/zaara is a matter of their bad luck and mere post likhne ki amazing timing :p 

2 comments: